Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Grampa McInnis

Vincent, Vinny, Stuffy, Dear, Dad, Popcorn and Grampa. No matter what name you knew him by, we will all miss this man. And while we all mourn his loss, we are overjoyed that he is now free from the pain and discomfort in spent in his last years. Sometimes aging can be a terrible thing. It's hard for the individual,it's hard for the family to see their loved one in a diminished capacity. It's just hard. I know my Grandfather is in a far better place. The memory that I cherish the most is perhaps my earliest of him. I am sitting on his lap and I ask about his yellow tooth( and old football injury is what he tells me) for the 100th time. He then tickles me and calls me "a character" and I look up at my Grampa like he said the most hilarious thing and say, " Oh, Grampa I AM NOT A CARROT!" . Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the funeral in Maine but all my thoughts and prayers will be with my family who is currently gathering there. Just know that somewhere someone will be playing "Danny Boy" just for that man of many names.


It is a blessing to know that we will enjoy these same associations again someday.

No comments: