Thursday, September 17, 2009

If I could escape...


WARNING: PLEASE READ THE LAST PARAGRAPH FIRST. YEAH MY BLOGGING SKILLS ARE TERRIBLE!

Braden on the 4 wheeler with Aunt Sue. I must admit I wasn't to keen on this idea at first. But having gone on a ride myself, I wouldn't have missed it. The scenery was BREATH TAKING and the grin on Braden's face at the end said it all! Mimi and Marinn reunited at last. Surrounded by my favorite apple: MACINTOSH's!


I was so glad to be able to visit with my grandfather a bit. Marinn is really turning on the charm here.



Braden meeting a real live "nose nose" at Aunt Sue's




Brady was so adorable with these pups and their Moms. He would cuddle them with blankets and go and get their moms when they began the least bit of whining, Here is Abby nursing SEVEN puppies(can you imagine!)




The funniest thing that we have discovered since we've been here is how much Marinn and Brady love the trampoline. You have not heard Marinny giggle unless you have her on a tramp with her big bro jumping(as gently as possible) around her. It is a riot!


This was taken at the apple orchard that I use to go to when I was a little girl. There is really nothing quite like fresh apple cider from the press! And despite the look on his face Braden loved being able to pick and eat all the apples he wanted! Stay tuned for more adventures to follow.

START HERE:
...it would be to Maine in September. We quickly and quietly have escaped to Maine for a much needed vacation. It has been my own little paradise here. I really can't remember the last time I was home in September. And now I know why...you can fall in love with Maine all over again. Beautiful sunny days with cool crisp nights and in the background mother nature turning the leaves the most brilliant autumn hues. Here is a quick look at some the things that we have been up to.

6 comments:

daniellejackson said...

Looks beautiful there! Glad you're having fun!

Linds said...

I got your message and we were calling about a shower for Heather so I didn't call back, but I would love to chat with you! I'm glad you are able to enjoy a bit of reprieve with your family and hopefully you guys are relaxing and enjoying this small but important moment in your life! I love you so much and call me anytime!

Leslie said...

Looks like you are having a great trip! That puppy looks just like the "real" nose-nose.

P.S. I'm LOVING that book. Great recommendation!

Ayda Sue and Violet Anne said...

we're so glad you're here! we must have some more fun before you go home :) love the new black and white photo, btw.

jox

Leslie said...

You are right! After his hair cut I kept looking at him and trying to figure out what looked different about him. And then it hit me, he suddenly looks more like Camden now.

Erika Quaife said...

Your descriptive intro (albeit last paragraph:) made me want to visit Maine once again. So "rustic" ;) BTW, Miss Kara and I will be in Utah Dec 10! We would love to get together!